“The Secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates
I am amazed at how much you can get done by setting goals and having an action plan. I always have goals in my head that I want to do, but for some reason I was not putting them into play. I would make excuses, no money, no time, the kids have me so busy etc. Well, no more excuses! Action! Action! Action! If you want it bad enough you will find the time, money etc. So, with that being said I want to put my goals out here on my blog in hopes to inspire others to set goals and put them into action, as well as hold me accountable..hehe! They don’t have to be big. They can be little ones that lead to bigger things. Check out Dani Johnson’s goal setting series over on YouTube. She gives some great advise. So, here are my May goals. At the end of May, beginning of June I will post what I completed along with my June goals.
- Read TWO books – if you have not noticed, I always list my current read on the side bar of my blog. I also have a page of Books I Like if you would like some ideas on what to read. If you like any of the books on that page and want to purchase them just click on it and it will take you to amazon to order. By clicking the link on my page it will give me some change for referring it, at no extra cost for you. Win, Win! I only refer what I have read and like.
- Take a weekly Epson salt bath with Essential Oils. Self care is very important and time for that is a must. Epson salt has magnisium that your body needs and so many of us are deficient in. Even if you are not it is calming and will help you sleep well.
- Yoga 3-5 times per week. As you all know from my Getting Sweaty post there is now a hot yoga studio here in Galveston that I have been going to. I love it and so excited to go. This is another self care thing. Get in your exercise weather it is a yoga class, run, walk, bike ride or a home video do something to move your body.
- Date night with my man! We are not the best at this. When we get extra time together we tend to do the same old things or hang with others as well. Not that any of that is bad but my goal is for us to focus more on us and doing little special things. It does not have to be flashy or expensive, but something from the heart, one on one. This last weekend we rode bikes together to where we had brunch, we grocery shopping for dinner items, made dinner together and had that dinner on the beach where we talked and had us time.
- Girls Night! I have been pretty good with this in 2016 but want to make sure I keep it up. Having girlfriends to hang with and confide in is great for your soul. It is time to laugh, vent if need be, and just have a fun time.
- Walk with my mom. I want to keep her motivated to walk, and this gives us time together without little ones at my feet. Thanks in advance dad for watching the kids…hehe!
- Lunch date with dad! Dad needs a little me time too so I want to start doing lunch dates with him so we can have time to talk and stay close. Thanks in advance mom for watching the kids!
- Last one for my personal, and that is BE PRESENT IN ALL I DO. Being a mom is a lot of work. We have to take care of everyone including ourselves, the house, endless laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, work etc. that it is easy to be somewhere else while you are doing something. This really goes for the time I spend with my kids. I find that I am thinking of everything else I need to be doing, when in all actuality I just need to be present with them!
- Blogger content to WordPress. I want to have all my old blog stuff on my new site too. There is a way to do this I just need to take the time to do it.
- Cover pages for my Facebook and Twitter account
- Blog Post 3 times per week. I have been doing 2 post all the month of April, so I would like to up it to 3 which goes into my next goal…
- Work on blog, networking etc. 20 hours a week. I have been doing about 15 hours these last several weeks and would like to add more time. My main time is in the morning before the kids wake up. I try for some midday time but am grooming the kids to have quite time so mommy can work. We will get there. I think the more present with them I am in the morning the better this time will go. I also do some evenings once the kids are down, but leave some evenings to hang with my man. More time leads to my next goal…
- Gaining more followers on social media. You can help with this by sharing my accounts with your friends. On Facebook you can even invite your friends to like my page. If you feel so inclined it would be greatly appreciated. I want to inspire Moms(or the one in charge of the food) to take charge of your families health and eat a healthy diet, mostly plants. I also want to inspire parents to take care of themselves, rid your life of as many toxic things as possible, and be the best version of yourself. So, my goal by the end of May is to have the following number of followers on each of my social media accounts.
- Pinterest- 150
- Twitter- 50
- I would also like to double my monthly views on the blog from April.
- Start Opt-In project
- Start mapping out newsletter content
I want to thank everyone for your support. I am excited to share with everyone my journey and inspire everyone to strive for optimal health through nutrition, movement, mind and environment.